Are there age restrictions on your trips?
- One Cay welcomes all ages; after all, travel doesn’t start or stop at a certain number of rotations around the sun. With bringing your own group, of course the ages of travellers are totally at your discretion. For joining other travellers, we aim to keep the group’s ages no more than 10 years apart.
I am travelling with a family – is this okay?
- Bringing your own group on a One Cay trip – absolutely. We can offer the services of nannies as you require them, at an additional cost. If you wish to join other travellers, we will try to coordinate a trip with other families and children of similar ages. However, not all trips with other travellers will be able to cater to children. Please get in touch with us at [email protected] if you wish to bring your kids to a specific destination, and we’ll get back to you shortly.
How much will it cost to bring the kids?
- Depending on the location, the cost of bringing the little ones along will vary. Email [email protected] to submit an enquiry with your intended destination specified, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
How can I pay for this trip?
- We accept direct bank transfers, an option that will incur no additional fee or surcharge. Otherwise, payments by Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Apple Pay and GPay are available with a 1.75% charge for Australian domestic cards and 2.9% for international cards (if currency conversion is also required this will incur a further 2% fee).
Is there a payment schedule?
- We require a 30% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking, and a full payment within 90 days of your scheduled departure.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Anywhere up to 91 days from your departure date, we will be able to refund all but your 30% deposit.
- Between 46 and 90 days from your departure, we can refund 50% of your trip cost.
- Within 45 days your trip cost is no longer refundable.
- Click through here to view more on our Booking Terms & Conditions.
Where do I find my essential trip information and required documentation?
- If you haven’t already, refer to your preferred destination page. The Essential Information tab will allow you to download your trip catalogue and information packet. If there’s anything you can’t find though these documents, get in touch with us at [email protected] – we’ll be in touch very shortly.
Do I need travel insurance?
- Some One Cay trips will specify that they require travel insurance. We always suggest that you purchase it anyway, to keep your travel experience stress-free. If you’d like to purchase travel insurance through World Nomads, please do so here.
Will I receive a trip itinerary before I fly?
- Unless you’ve signed up for an action-packed adventure like our Desert Safari, we don’t believe in strict itineraries. With One Cay, you’re never going to feel rushed or obligated. We’ll send you an outline of any included activities and services, as well as your meal times, but the rest is up to you. This trip can be as busy or relaxed as you see fit.
Are flights included?
- Flights are not included, with the exception of a small number of trips where a light aircraft will be used to transport you to your accommodation. Check out the inclusions on your destination page to see if this applies to you.
How about airport transfers?
- In locations unserved by taxis or ride sharing services, we will provide an airport transfer; you’ll see this outlined on your destination page inclusions. If you would like to arrange airport transfers through One Cay, we’re happy to make that happen – just get in touch and email us at [email protected].
Will I have my own room and bathroom?
- Always. No matter where you are in the world, you deserve your creature comforts.
What kind of services are available?
- Each location will have its own unique offerings, but every trip includes a concierge and cleaning services. For an additional fee we can also arrange for a private chef, nannies, masseuses, yoga sessions, and other services upon request.
Will there be Wi-Fi?
- Most of our locations will have Wi-Fi included, but some are a little more off the grid. Check the inclusions section on the trip page if you’re curious about a specific destination.
What kind of activities will be on offer?
- On most of our trips, One Cay will arrange for activities that allow you to access the best of the best in each location, tailored to a group dynamic. When you join other travellers, these activities will be included in your trip costs. If you are bringing your own group, you can arrange activities through the One Cay Concierge. You’ll also have the ability to schedule activities before your departure through One Cay online, or once you arrive through the local concierge service. From heliskiing to snorkelling, from cooking classes to basketball with the locals, we’ll help you to make those unforgettable memories.
Will there be a tour guide?
- For some locations, such as our Desert Safari, having a tour guide will be an essential part of your experience. However, our concierge services at most locations can provide tips and ways to guide yourself around at your own leisure.
How much free time will I have?
- As much as your heart desires. While we book in some activities ahead of time, with no rigid itinerary you’ll be guaranteed time to yourself
- For every destination we book, we make sure you have space beyond your bedroom to relax and unwind. We’ll provide games for some impromptu fun with your fellow travellers, or feel free to step away into town and try a new dining experience. Your time is just that – yours. There’s no wrong way to spend it.
Is there an additional cost for extra activities?
- Anything beyond what is specified in the trip inclusions can be taken at your own discretion, and will come at an additional cost. There are additional activities on offer for individuals, couples, or families, so check in with us for more information.
Do you cater for dietary restrictions and allergies?
- We know travelling can be made exceptional with a dining experience – within the means of each location, we’ll do our best to accommodate to your needs and give you delicious alternative options. All you need to do is contact us ahead of time, so we can best cater for you.
How about vegetarians and vegans?
- We love our veggies too. And, we know how much good these diets do for our planet. Let us know in advance your dietary preference, as some of our more remote locations will need to order extra produce in advance.
Is there any kind of dress code?
- One policy: wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. Whether that’s arriving in your favourite evening attire or lounging around barefoot by the pool, we want you to feel at ease in whatever you wear.
I am or someone in my family is an LGBTQI+ traveller – will they be safe to take a trip with One Cay?
- Absolutely everybody is welcome with One Cay, and everything we can do on our trips to make you feel included and safe, we will. However, it’s important to be aware of local laws and customs. Equaldex is a good resource that provides current information pertinent to LGBTQI+ laws across the world.
I have a question I can’t find an answer to here – how can I contact you for more information?
- Feel free to get in touch – we’re always happy to help. Email us at [email protected].