Together, we can (and must) make a difference
At One Cay, we believe meaningful travel gives us a greater understanding of ourselves, others, and the diverse world we inhabit. It is a great privilege to connect with other cultures and experience awe-inspiring places and with that comes great responsibility. As travelers, each and every one of us must play our part.
Every night you stay with One Cay, we plant One Tree!
In partnership with the not-for-profit organization, One Tree Planted, for every night you travel with One Cay we will plant one tree on your behalf, helping to restore forests after fires and floods, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitats for biodiversity. When you book, feel positive that you are directly contributing to amazing reforestation projects in Australia, Asia, North America, South America, and Africa.
Forests are essential for the clean air we breathe, the quality of the water we drink and the food we eat. Disrupting these precious ecosystems contributes to natural disasters and climate change.
Forests are home to 80% of the world’s animals, insects, and plants. Deforestation puts 1 million species at risk of extinction.
Forests are essential for the livelihoods of 1.6 billion people, almost 75% of which are the world’s poor.
... or bring your own group
Less time researching
Less time planning
No splitting bills
We hope to lead the way in making positive change
One Cay, along with all businesses can, and must, play an essential role by questioning the supply chain, not engaging in damaging activities for the sake of profit, bringing awareness to issues, and empowering consumers to hold companies accountable for their actions by ‘voting with their wallet’.
Through greater education, awareness and small conscious acts over time, together we have the power to make a significant impact.
These values are at the core of every decision we make and every trip we take:
– Thoughtfully designed trips to learn about local culture
– Where possible we avoid single use plastics, encourage composting, recycling and together with our suppliers continually strive to educate ourselves on how to be more sustainable
– We encourage our clients to enjoy meals low in animal product and derived from locally sourced ingredients, to only consume what we need, and limit our energy and water use
– To prevent wildlife disturbance, we carefully select ethically run operators that are respectful towards wildlife and offer clients the opportunity to take part in ecotourism opportunities
- Rowena and Eric, Co-Founders
Let us plan your dream trip.
One Cay can plan a trip for your group anywhere in the world you desire.
The Latest from One Cay
experienced the best moment in their life.